Plastic pollution has become one of the most critical environmental issues due to the increasing production of disposable plastic products. With the impact plastic pollution has had on the environment, it is imperative for us to focus on the reduction of plastic use as much as possible.
Plastic free July is a powerful global movement encouraging millions of people to be involved in the solution to plastic pollution by reducing personal consumption of single-use plastic and educating the effects plastic has on the environment. You can agree to participate in the challenge for just one day, one week, the entirety of July, or for July and beyond.
There are many resources and ideas that can help contribute to reducing single-use plastic waste everyday whether it be at home, work, school or shopping. One way we can contribute this July is by being conscious about the products we are purchasing and supporting. Researching sustainable brands whether they are fashion, giftware or food and beverage, is a great way to shop consciously.
Bambies is an Australian fashion brand that encourages sustainability and reflects this through their products. Through the use of natural, organic materials, Bambies replace plastic with acetate (a plant-based chemical), bamboo and cotton. During the frames production process these elements are combined with recycled wood. Our cases are also eco-friendly and come free when you buy a pair of our sunglasses.
At Bambies, we take pride in producing the best eco-friendly eyewear collections. Spreading awareness about the effects of plastic on the environment is extremely important to us. To help reduce these damaging effects, we have provided a fashion brand where people can shop sustainably and feel good about their purchases, knowing they are a part of a change.
We believe in being kind to the environment and reducing our carbon footprint and we are proud to be 100% plastic free including our postage materials.
Steps to going plastic free this July:
- Ditch the disposable coffee cups
Keep cups are a great way to reduce your disposable coffee cup use and come in many shapes and sizes. Plus they look good!
- @potteryfortheplanet https://www.potteryfortheplanet.com
- @rhinannongillceramics https://rhiannongillceramics.com
- @brookeclunie https://www.brookeclunie.com
2. Get rid of plastic bags
Bring your own reusable shopping bags before heading out to do your weekly grocery shop. If you forget, ask for a cardboard box from the storeroom instead.
- @seedandsproutco https://seedsprout.com.au
3. Purchase a reusable water bottle
Reduce the use of plastic water bottles and invest in a reusable water bottle. If you don't like the taste of tap water, try filtering.
- @myequa https://myequa.com
- @kaaiti.australia https://www.kaaiti.com.au
- @frankgreen_official https://frankgreen.com.au
When dining out, say no to a straw in your drink or bring your own reusable straw such as bamboo, glass, stainless steel and silicone.
- @the_kind_society https://thekindsociety.com.au
- @caye.life https://cayelife.com.au
5. Purchase from sustainable brands
Supporting brands like Bambies is the perfect step to shopping sustainably. Not only are you receiving a cool product but you're also contributing a positive change to our planet!
- @bambiesonline https://bambiesonline.com
- @ocnaturals.aus https://ocnaturals.com.au
- @zuluandzephr https://zuluandzephyr.com
- @handmadecollectiveco https://thehandmadecollectiveco.com
- @khanunbymimi https://khanunbymimi.com
- @nativacases https://nativacase.com
- @orendaskinaustralia https://www.orendaskinaustralia.com
We’re ready to make a change to this planet and we hope you are too. Whether you’re shopping sustainably or using recyclable bags, we encourage you to embrace the challenge with Bambie’s this July and do what you can to reduce plastic waste.For more tips to make a difference this July follow us on Instagram and Facebook and be the solution to plastic pollution!
Leave a comment